Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Happiest of New Years to You All in 2008!!

Went to the most fun New Years party I've ever been to -- very small, but with a bunch of New York actors. We ate Chinese food, we drank almond champagne (a new fave), we watched some Luciano Pavarotti in his last concert from Central Park, we watched the ball drop in Times Square... hug, hug... kiss, kiss... nosh, nosh... nosh some more. So much fun....

Left the party totally wired at 3 am, got home and couldn't even think about getting to bed until 5. I was Eliza freakin' Doolittle. Got up this morning totally energized after only about four hours sleep, then went to Macaroni Grill with my daughter and her boyfriend. Lovely lunch, went to Target, spent money on DVDs on sale, and a new purse and wallet (desperately needed Christmas presents to myself), then came home.

Now, I'm going to toss one of my many new DVDs into the machine and wile away some time on this chilly, windy New Years Day, and spend the remaining alone time I have tidying the apartment and doing some purging of stuff.

If the year thus far has been any indication, 2008 is going to be a very good year. I go back into training for the triathlon this week, and am starting a new food plan tomorrow that I hope will whittle the ass down to some less cumbersome from running around the desert.

Here's to 2008. May you all find yourself on the path to your heart's desire.

XOXO

~C~

2 comments:

  1. Partying till 3am?! Ok, you are officially the partyingest person we know. I'm ashamed to admit what time I went to sleep on New Year's Eve...

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Not sure what it indicates but we frittered away time at home watching the parade and such until the children were going to make each other crazy and then walked to the top of Mt. Tabor near our house in the bracing cold... after that we went to the in-laws for some WII and Mama made bowling PRO! Went to best friends and made pizza and entertained the kids then came home and all went to bed. Can you post your training plan sometime or a link to something that tells how to train for a marathon?

    ReplyDelete